Embracing equity. Celebrating everyone’s talents and experiences. Creating opportunities for careers to grow and thrive. For us, these are more than philosophical ideals. They’re business imperatives at the cornerstone of who we are as a company.
Among the many ways we’re choosing to make a difference: Spearheading STEAM education for girls. Teaming with organizations with winning strategies. Committing to improve our gender representation by 2027.
Amplifying Voices. Raising Awareness.
Who Builds It? Constructing New Opportunities for Women and the World
A discussion featuring our own Tabata Gomez and Shelley Halstead, founder of Black Women Build – Baltimore.
From Intern to Business Unit President: Stanley Black & Decker’s Maria Ford Shares Advice for Women Leaders
With grit, an open mind, empathy, and support from mentors, Maria has excelled as a leader.
Allison Lawrence: BLACK+DECKER President Models Resilience, Breaks Barriers, Overcomes Obstacles
“Adversity makes us stronger. Don’t give up and don’t look back...there are people looking to you to blaze a trail for them.”
Our Path to Equity
Our roadmap to gender equity is centered around corporate culture, career opportunities and community involvement.
Ensure employees understand our commitment to inclusion and equity is a cornerstone of who we are.
- Women’s Network Employee Resource Group (ERG) to support women in their careers and drive better business results through mentoring, work-life integration strategies and network building.
- A 24/7 integrity hotline to confidentially report concerns or issues.
- A virtual library of resources for employees with tools to help mitigate workplace bias.
- Multiyear benefits strategy to address unmet needs, enhance well-being and augment employee recruitment and retention.
- Allyship campaign to enhance gender partnership and accelerate the creation of an inclusive workplace.
Build a robust learning and development curriculum for women.
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities.
- Mentorship programs cultivate talent by pairing women with our leaders to influence leadership growth and mentor allyship.
- Benefits like LifeCare that provide personalized support using innovative technology to help employees successfully manage daily responsibilities and life challenges.
Bolster engagement with strategic external partnerships focused on advancement for girls and women.
- Mentorships/career development to attract/nurture a growing base of women in STEAM.
- Ongoing support of world-renowned organizations advancing gender equity.
- External global partnerships to support education, skills training and professional development for women.
Progress Toward Equity Is the Best Reward
Top Female Friendly Company
Best Employers for Women
Company for Women
We support a company culture where all employees can thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with disabilities and military veterans.
Beware of Job Scams. Cybercriminals are posing as company recruiters and using fake job advertisements and employment offers to get people to hand over personal information. Learn more about how to protect yourself.
For details on how we process your personal data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.