At Stanley Black & Decker, we are committed to transparent reporting of our environment, health and safety results. Using 2015 as a baseline, we set five-year targets to reduce adverse impacts on our people and our planet while improving the sustainability of our products.
Our 2023 Operational Goals
* Operational means manufacturing sites and distribution centers only.
** Against a 2015 baseline
Our sustainability journey continues to evolve, and our investments in and actions regarding climate change mitigation, water stewardship and waste reduction show we are on the right path.
(1) The results for these metrics include the Convergent Security Solutions (“CSS”) business and exclude recent acquisitions.
(2) Energy intensity in kilo British thermal units demand per work hour; carbon intensity is CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalents) in metric tonne emissions per thousand work hours.
(3) Water intensity in withdrawal gallons per work hour.
(4) Waste intensity in total generation pounds per work hour. Recycle can include single and mixed stream; energy recovery; and material reuse/regeneration with or without treatment.
Health & Safety Performance and Recognition1,2
We track how our efforts and impact are gauged by monitors of our industry and global corporations.
Everyone deserves to return home from work every day safe and sound. We maintain world-class standards of safety in our manufacturing facilities and distribution centers, and work with our suppliers so that they can do the same.
(1) For each year, results reflect current Company business structure and applicable discontinued operations. The results for these metrics include the Convergent Security Solutions (“CSS”) business and exclude recent acquisitions. 2018–2019 data include estimates for our CAM business based on best available information.
(2) Total recordable rate and lost time rate = # of applicable incidents per 100 employees per year.
(3) Percentage of factories and distribution centers certified to applicable EHS/Sustainability management system standards in that reporting year.