At Stanley Black & Decker, we are committed to transparent reporting of our environment, health and safety results.
Using 2015 as a baseline, we set five-year targets to reduce adverse impacts on our people and our planet while improving the sustainability of our products.
YEAR 2020 TARGETS
RECOGNITION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM(1)
SAFETY INJURY / ILLNESS RATES(1), (5)
(1) For each year, results reflect current company business structure and applicable discontinued operations.
(2) Energy intensity in kilo British thermal units demand per work hour; CO2e carbon dioxide equivalents intensity in metric tonne emissions per thousand work hours. Both bar-pie chart pair reflect stationary Scope 1 plus Scope 2.
(3) Water intensity in withdrawal gallons per work hour.
(4) Waste intensity in total generation pounds per work hour.
(5) Total recordable rate and lost time rate = # of applicable incidents per 100 employees per year.
(6) CDP and RobecoSAM scoring from Stanley Black & Decker annual submission to these sustainability transparency initiatives.
(7) Percentage of factories and distribution centers certified to applicable EHS/Sustainability management system standards in that reporting year.