Stanley Black & Decker is committed to developing a diverse supply chain that contributes to successful and sustainable businesses. Through inclusive procurement practices we can create long-term value for our clients, while helping us remain agile and ahead of the market.
In alignment with our supplier diversity policy, and with the guidance of our supplier diversity advisory council, we will include at least one diverse supplier in every Request for Proposal conducted in the U.S. To help drive expansion of diversity in our supply chain, we partner with network organizations to ensure we are proactively and continuously connecting with diverse suppliers through outreach and mentorship. These practices help make a positive economic impact on the communities we and our suppliers represent.
2025 People Goal
Increase our spend with certified Diverse Suppliers to at least 10% and develop diverse suppliers
WHAT WE DO
Supplier Diversity is a business strategy that encourages our supply chain to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We do this by:
- Opening opportunities for diverse suppliers to compete in sourcing events
- Exemplifying the value of the supplier diversity process
- Holding all suppliers accountable for sustainability and social accountability performance
HOW WE DO IT
We actively seek diverse suppliers through a variety of partnerships including:
- Participation with national, regional and local diverse-owned business development organizations.
- Evaluating diverse business criteria such as competencies, geographical scope and capacity when we first meet suppliers.
- Identifying minority, woman, veteran, LGBTQ and disabled-owned businesses that meet our business requirements.
- Validating diverse status through certification compliance with third party certifying agencies.
Inclusion on Supplier Sustainability and Social Accountability
OUR OUTSTANDING DIVERSE VENDORS
Take a look at some of our success stories