WHAT WE DO
Supplier Diversity is a business strategy that encourages our supply chain to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We do this by:
- Opening opportunities for diverse suppliers to compete in sourcing events
- Exemplifying the value of the supplier diversity process
- Holding all suppliers accountable for sustainability and social accountability performance
"Stanley Black and Decker is committed to integrating diversity and inclusion into all aspects of our business: our employees, our customers and supply chain. Developing strong relationships with a diverse supply chain will result in more innovative products, stronger communities and a better world. Supplier diversity is a critical part of economic inclusion and development for the communities where we live and work, and it fuels innovation for all of Stanley Black and Decker."
Guru Bandekar, Chief Procurement Officer
HOW WE DO IT
We actively seek diverse suppliers through a variety of partnerships including:
- Participation with national, regional, and local diverse-owned business development organizations.
- Evaluating diverse business criteria such as competencies, geographical scope, and capacity when we first meet suppliers.
- Identifying minority, woman, veteran, LGBTQ, and disabled- owned businesses that meet our business requirements.
- Validating diverse status through certification compliance with third party certifying agencies.
Inclusion on Supplier Sustainability and Social Accountability
OUR OUTSTANDING DIVERSE VENDORS
Take a look at some of our success stories