Stanley Black & Decker is committed to developing a diverse supply chain that contributes to successful and sustainable businesses. Through inclusive procurement practices we can create long-term value for our clients, while helping us remain agile and ahead of the market.
In alignment with our supplier diversity policy, and with the guidance of our supplier diversity advisory council, we will include at least one diverse supplier in every Request for Proposal conducted in the U.S. To help drive expansion of diversity in our supply chain, we partner with network organizations to ensure we are proactively and continuously connecting with diverse suppliers through outreach and mentorship. These practices help make a positive economic impact on the communities we and our suppliers represent.
2027 People Goal
Set a supplier diversity goal aligned with our supply chain transformation by 2027.
What We Do
Supplier Diversity is a business strategy that encourages our supply chain to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We do this by:
- Opening opportunities for diverse suppliers to compete in sourcing events.
- Exemplifying the value of the supplier diversity process.
- Holding all suppliers accountable for sustainability and social accountability performance.
How We Do It
We actively seek diverse suppliers through a variety of partnerships including:
- Participation with national, regional and local diverse-owned business development organizations.
- Evaluating diverse business criteria such as competencies, geographical scope and capacity when we first meet suppliers.
- Identifying minority, woman, veteran, LGBTQ and disabled-owned businesses that meet our business requirements.
- Validating diverse status through certification compliance with third party certifying agencies.
We take our responsibilities toward supply chain performance seriously including the sustainability and social accountability performance of our suppliers.
Our Outstanding Diverse Vendors
Coi Rubber Products
Coi Rubber Products has been in business for over 50 years with servicing a variety of rubber products for Automotive, Industrial, Food Processing, HVAC, Appliance and other industries. Since 2016, Coi Rubber has been a direct supplier of Stanley Engineered Fastening for various EPDM Rubber Mount Products for various Automotive OEM’s such as Honda and Ford programs for fuel clamp parts as well in various colors. They offer competitive pricing and outstanding customer service and are a valuable supplier in all areas of rubber components from expediting, prototyping components or production and exceeding our automotive customer expectations.
We look forward to continuing to build the relationship with Coi Rubber Products for years to come.