“If I could stress anything, it would be the emphasis of building strong relationships in the program. We get an amazing opportunity to work in multiple places as SLPs early in our careers. You will find that getting to know the person and not just the professional will make for a stronger working relationship in addition to an invaluable network for the future.”
- Brendan, SLP Graduate
Our Leadership Program is a comprehensive, competency-based program designed to develop the next generation of Stanley Black & Decker leaders.
This multi-year program offers high-potential, early-career associates the opportunity to complement quality work experiences with exposure to challenging learning and development experiences.
As a participant, you will build the foundation that prepares you for a successful leadership career with Stanley Black & Decker in one of six core functional Centers of Excellence:
- Operations (Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Distribution)
- Marketing and Product Management
- Finance (Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Audit, Controllership)
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Engineering (Product, Design)
Each associate in this program interacts with their colleagues across our diverse brands, businesses, and functions.
What You Will Learn
As a program member, you will participate in a comprehensive learning curriculum, developed to strengthen your skills and ensure you have the tools to become a results-driven leader. In a series of five training weeks, you will join a group of cross-functional SLP Associates to take part in a blended approach to learning. Each week is developed to leverage networking opportunities, experiential learning engagements, and team-building activities. In addition, the SLP Associates engage in volunteer opportunities to help Stanley Black & Decker strengthen the community where we live and work.
- Commercial Excellence
- Operational Lean
- Financial Excellence
- Global Supply Management
- Company Growth Initiatives
Along the way, the program offers invaluable experiences for high-potential candidates seeking challenging opportunities to jump-start a career:
- Global Networking and Exposure — Program events bring program members together and enable participants to network and interact not only with each other but also with other Stanley Black & Decker senior leaders.
- Mentoring — Program participants have significant exposure to role models and the opportunity to build relationships with experienced Stanley Black & Decker leaders and professionals.
- Coaching — Participants receive developmental and performance feedback on an ongoing basis through the Stanley Black & Decker Performance Management process.
- Stanley Black & Decker University — Leverage our global online learning portal designed to further your professional development throughout your career at Stanley Black & Decker.
Are You a Candidate?
The Leadership Program is selective. We’re looking for highly-motivated top performers with a proven track record of success. We expect our associates to exhibit leadership potential, to be results-oriented, and to be driven to succeed.
We look for talented individuals with a bachelor’s degree who demonstrate:
- Academic Excellence
- Leadership Qualities and Skills
- Flexibility and Willingness to Relocate
- Motivation to Reach Higher Levels at an Accelerated Rate
And we require that each participant be firmly rooted in and committed to our 7 Leadership Qualities.
To search for open Leadership Program positions, click here and use the keyword SLP.