The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (SLP) is a comprehensive, competency-based program designed to develop the next generation of Stanley Black & Decker leaders.
This multi-year program offers high-potential, early-career associates the opportunity to complement quality work experiences with exposure to challenging learning and development experiences.
As a participant, you will build the foundation that prepares you for a successful leadership career with Stanley Black & Decker in one of the following functional tracks:
- Operations/ Supply Chain (Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Distribution, etc.)
- Marketing (Sales, Product Management, Brand Communications, Channel, Licensing, etc.)
- Finance (Accounting, Audit, Financial Planning & Analysis, Controllership, etc.)
- Information Technology (Systems, Networking, Project Management, etc.)
- Human Resources (Talent Acquisition, Training, Generalist, etc.)
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Product, Design, etc.)
Each associate in this program interacts with their colleagues across our diverse brands, businesses, and functions.
What You Will Learn
As a program member, you will participate in a comprehensive learning curriculum, developed to strengthen your skills and ensure you have the tools to become a results-driven leader. In a series of five training weeks, you will join a group of cross-functional SLP Associates to take part in a blended approach to learning. Each week is developed to leverage networking opportunities, experiential learning engagements, and team-building activities. In addition, the SLP Associates engage in volunteer opportunities to help Stanley Black & Decker strengthen the community where we live and work.
- Commercial Excellence
- Breakthrough Innovation
- Core STANLEY Fulfillment System (SFS)
- Functional Transformation
- Digital Excellence
Along the way, the program offers invaluable experiences for high-potential candidates seeking challenging opportunities to jump-start a career:
- Global Networking and Exposure — Program events bring program members together and enable participants to network and interact not only with each other but also with other Stanley Black & Decker senior leaders.
- Mentoring — Program participants have significant exposure to role models and the opportunity to build relationships with experienced Stanley Black & Decker leaders and professionals.
- Coaching — Participants receive developmental and performance feedback on an ongoing basis through the Stanley Black & Decker Performance Management process.
- Stanley Black & Decker University — Leverage our global online learning portal designed to further your professional development throughout your career at Stanley Black & Decker.
Are You a Candidate?
The Leadership Development Program is selective. We're looking for highly-motivated top performers with a proven track record of success. We expect our associates to exhibit leadership potential, to be results-oriented, and to be driven to succeed.
We look for talented individuals with a bachelor's degree who demonstrate:
- Academic Excellence
- Leadership Qualities and Skills
- Flexibility and Willingness to Relocate
- Motivation to Reach Higher Levels at an Accelerated Rate
And we require that each participant be firmly rooted in and committed to our 7 Leadership Qualities.
To search for open Leadership Development Program positions, click here and use the keyword SLP.